Learn about Express Scripts Home Delivery mail order
Your pharmacy benefits are coordinated through a company we contract with called Express Scripts.
If you take a long-term medication, Express Scripts can save you time and money. You can get up to a 90-day prescription for a lower cost than at a retail pharmacy.
Here's how it works
- It takes about two weeks to receive your prescription by mail. So ask your doctor to write two separate prescriptions indicating that refills are allowed:
- One for a 30-day supply that you can fill right away at a local pharmacy
- One for a 90-day supply, or maximum supply* allowed by your plan, that you can mail to the Express Scripts Home Delivery within two weeks of your medicine running out
- Download and complete a Express Scripts Home Delivery mail order
If you are taking more than one medication, you should also download and complete Health, Allergy and Medication questionnaire which is designed to help protect you against potentially harmful drug allergies, interactions and side effects.
- Send your prescription(s), Mail-Order Form, Health, Allergy and Medication Questionnaire, and payment for each prescription to the address on the order form. You will receive your prescriptions by mail in about two weeks, delivered in sealed, insulated (when necessary) and tamper-evident packaging.
- Refill prescriptions can then be ordered easily online through Express Scripts MyPharmacyPlus™ once you've set up your prescriptions. Or you can call Express Scripts at 800-391-9701. Have your member ID and prescription numbers ready. Mail order delivery can take up to two weeks, so be sure to have enough medication on hand.
* Your maximum supply is typically 90 days, but may vary according to your plan's prescription benefits. It may also be determined by state or federal regulations. Most plans limit specialty drugs to a 30-day supply at a retail copay or coinsurance, while some plans may not offer some drugs through mail order or include mail order benefits. Check your benefits booklet or contact Customer service for details.